Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Great Wall of China

Today was a big day! We climbed the Great Wall of China! Because the Wall is so long, there are only portions of it open to the public. We went to a part of the wall that is open and safe to climb. Here we are at the base of the Wall.
Look how steep the stairs are! And they are not uniform in size or height. One step was a couple inches up and others seemed to be a couple of feet up.
Can you see Abby?
Abby and Flat Panda made it part of the way up!
Flat Panda is enjoying the view!


We actually climbed up and around a portion of the Wall. Abby climbed all the way herself. She was a trooper. And I'm sure you can tell most of it was pretty steep! Her mom kept up fairly well, but was quite tired when it was done!!

Afterwards, we went to a store for lunch and Flat Panda had a little fish to recuperate from the morning's exercise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How neat was that--while I was in the process of writing a comment, my skype videophone rang--it was Billy! Wow, I got to see all of you and talk with you. I almost feel like I am there with you. We love you and are praying for you. Get good sleep and have a great day tomorrow and a safe flight to Nanning. Love, Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Goodnight Abby,
I am just getting ready to start my day and hopefully you are tired enough from climbing those stairs that you will fall asleep fast. I am so impressed with this blog - we couldn't have asked for anything more. I hope flat panda is behaving himself. His fish looked yummy! Have a good night. Thank you again for including us!
Mrs. Rhoad

Liza Jane said...

I am really enjoying "your trip". Thanks so much for sharing... It is absolutely awesome! Love that video.

Eileen said...

Thanks Linda, for posting - hope you all had a good nights' sleep! Enjoy your day - one day closer to holding Sarah in your arms!

The Downing 5 said...

Hope flat panda enjoyed his fish even if it wasn't breaded and deep fried! We can't wait to see Sunday's adventures!

Anonymous said...

looks like you are keeping busy and having fun!! It appears that you are taking very good care of flat panda. My family and I are enjoying your updates-can't wait to share with your friends on Wed.
Take care--you are in my thoughts.
Mrs. Young